Monday, July 4, 2011

The Purpose of This Writing

The purpose of this blog is to give me an outlet in which to concentrate my efforts to become a more rounded human being. When I turned 40, I stopped and took a close look at my life, where I am and where I want to be both professionally & personally. Professionally I am a high school history teacher and a football / track & field coach. Personally, I have been married for 5 years and I have a new house, a two and a half year old son, and a 5 month old daughter. I have tried to prioritize the things that I wish to accomplish and identify the areas of personal development that I wish to improve.
  • Spiritual Values
  • Family Principles
  • Leadership Development
  • Personal Knowledge (Education & History)
  • Professional Knowledge (Football)
  • Health & Personal Fitness
As a starting point, I will post a set of 5 things at the beginning of each week that I have decided to focus on, or think about, or emphasize for that week.
1) a Leadership Law or Lesson
2) a Faith statement
3) a Philosophy axiom
4) a Football / Coaching belief
5) a Family principle

I will also occasionally add quotes, ideas, links, or articles that I find interesting or relevant. And I will add some article or postings that I have previously done. As I said before, I am starting this as a way to focus my concentration. If someone else finds it interesting or wants to give feedback, please feel free.
Thanks,
      Coach W

No comments:

Post a Comment