LEADERSHIP: The Law of Addition - Leaders Add Value By Serving Others.
The bottom line in leadership isn't how far we advance ourselves, but in how far we advance others.
- We add value to others when we..... truly value others.
- We add value to others when we....make ourselves more valuable to others.
- We add value to others when we ....know & relate to what others value.
- We add value to others when we .....do things that God values
FAITH: When God measures a man, He puts the tape around the heart instead of the head.
"For the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7
PHILOSOPHY: The Good Life is the Life of Inner Serenity (Epictetus)
- The surest sign of the higher life is serenity.
- Coping calmly with inconvenience is the price I pay for my inner serenity.
FAMILY: "The family that you come from isn't as important as the family that you are going to have."
FOOTBALL: A few random points picked up by hanging around & reading about people who know what they are doing.
- When breaking down opponent's special teams coverage units, 70-80% of the tackles will be made by 1 or 2 players. Block those guys.
- When playing a team with fast WRs, align the scout team WRs 3 yds downfield of the line of scrimmage before the snap.
- Kids can't like football if they don't know what to do
- It takes 14 repetitions for something to be remembered
- It takes 11 positive comments to balance out 1 negative.
- Use Def Line Twists against a draw team on 3rd & long
- Treat Goal-Line Defense as a special team