Sunday, August 28, 2011

Human Computer Post of the Week

School has begun, the season is underway, and my spare time has all but disappeared. Still, this is why I started this blog, so that it would force me to sit down for a minute (even if its at 1:00am) and reflect on what is important.

FAITH:  "Lord, when I am wrong, make me willing to change; when I am right, make me easy to live with. So strengthen me that the power of my example will far exceed the authority of my rank."
                                                                 The Supervisor's Prayer

              "...to offer ourselves as a model for you, that you might follow our example."
                                                              2 Thessalonians 3:9

FAMILY:  "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
                        Theodore Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)

FOOTBALL:   "Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy."
                      Aristotle
Wow, just wow....as a coach who oftentimes wears his heart on his sleeve, I am sometimes conflicted about whether I am doing things the right way. Do I yell too much? Do I show too much frustration? I am still not sure if I am doing things right, but this quote really helped me self-reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment